CAIMAN® GRINDING CUP WHEELS
U.S.A. - ANSI B7.1 and OSHA regulations; Canada – CSA
1. Observe the working safety site regulations.
2. Keep bystanders and/or animals out of the work area.
3. The use of OSHA approved safety goggles, gloves, footwear, ear and head protection and a mask are recommended.
4. Before use, examine the Caiman® diamond cup wheel for any cracks or other damage. Do not use if damage is suspected.
5. Ensure that the Caiman® diamond cup wheel is suitable for the material being cut.
6. Disconnect power to the machine before mounting the Caiman® diamond cup wheel.
7. Ensure that the Caiman® diamond cup wheel is securely fastened to the machine. If the Caiman® diamond cup wheel does not securely fit, a washer may be put between the Caiman® diamond cup wheel and the machine to ensure a tight fit.
8. Ensure that the machine guard is mounted and correctly fitted. Never pull guards back, remove them, or leave them in the open position.
9. Ensure that the grinding surface is clean from debris.
10. Maintain a firm grip on the tool during grinding.
11. To ensure longer diamond life, use water to assist in the cooling of the Caiman® diamond cup wheel.
12. Ensure that the proper RPM is used to avoid overheating and glazing
13. Before grinding, let the tool run for a few seconds without load. If the Caiman® diamond cup wheel wobbles, vibrates or has an un-usual noise, stop the tool immediately. Examine the Caiman® diamond cup wheel for damage or incorrect mounting.
14. Avoid sharp or abrupt contact with the material being cut.
15. Maintain a straight grinding plane to avoid side load or twist.
16. Do not use the Caiman® diamond cup wheel for extensive periods. Excessive heat can vibration and glazing.