CAIMAN® DIAMOND BLADES
U.S.A. - ANSI B7.1 and OSHA regulations; Canada - CSA
1. Observe the working safety site regulations.
2. Keep bystanders and/or animals out of the work area.
3. The use of OSHA approved safety goggles, gloves, footwear, ear and head protection and a mask are recommended.
4. Before use, examine the Caiman® diamond blade for any cracks or other damage.
5. Ensure that the Caiman® diamond blade is suitable for the material being cut.
6. Disconnect power to the machine before mounting the Caiman® diamond blade.
7. Ensure that the blade guard is mounted and correctly fitted. Never pull guards back, remove them, or leave them in the open position.
8. The Caiman® diamond blade should always be mounted with the rotation arrow pointing in the correct direction.
9. Ensure that the arbor diameter of the Caiman® diamond blade is the exact same as the machine spindle. Never enlarge the arbor size.
10. Special attention should be made to ensure that the blade washers/flanges are both clean and of the same diameter and that they are correctly assembled on the machine shaft. Do not use if the Caiman® diamond blade rattles or wobbles.
11. Ensure that the cutting surface is clean from debris.
12. Ensure that the proper RPM is used to avoid overheating and glazing.
13. Before performing any cutting, let the tool run for a few seconds without load. If the Caiman® diamond blade wobbles, vibrates or has an unusual noise, stop the tool immediately. Examine the Caiman® diamond blade for damage or incorrect mounting.
14. Do not stand in line with the Caiman® diamond blade or the stream of sharp, hot particles.
15. To ensure longer diamond life, use water to assist in the cooling of the Caiman® diamond blade.
16. Maintain a firm grip on the tool during cutting.
17. Avoid sharp or abrupt contact with the material being cut.
18. Avoid excessive cutting pressure which could jam the Caiman® diamond blade in the cut.
19. Maintain a straight cutting plane to avoid side load or twist.
20. The Caiman® diamond blade is intended for straight cutting only. Cutting curves will cause stress cracks or fragmentation on the blade, resulting in possible injury.
21. Do not use side pressure or grind with the side of the Caiman® diamond blade.
22. Do not use the Caiman® diamond blade for extensive periods. Excessive heat can cause vibration and glazing. To assist cooling, simply lift the Caiman® diamond blade out of the cut for several seconds and then continue cutting.